The print on demand technology is part of a business process whereby the products are only printed after the order has been received. This means that only small quantities are printed at a particular time. This method gained popularity especially after the beginning of digital printing because it became more economical.
Print on demand producers handle singular items at a time; which are then directly drop shipped to the customer on behalf of the merchant. Printify is an app that connects merchants to the shopify print on demand marketplace.
How Does Printify Work?
Printify is for anyone who has amazing ideas for t-shirts r mugs and would like to start selling them online. This automated process allows you fast customization of your products for sale. Here are the steps to get you started on Printify:
- Decide on what product you would like to sell
- Come up with brilliant designs to be placed on the product
- Pick the print provider that you’ll be working with
- Place the product for sale on your site
- Start selling and making profits
What extra features does printify offer?
Apart from them equipping you with the easiest setup, integration, and overall user experience, Printify has other great features offered to merchants.
- Branding stickers and customization of tags
- Pickups from the headquarters to save on shipping costs
- Design Services to improve already existing designs
- Warehousing and Fulfillment. They store your inventory for you and handle the fulfillment of orders for you
- Product photos and other photography related services
Why Use Print on Demand?
Print on demand is a useful tool for sellers who need small quantities of their products printed and are also looking to save money. Let us look at some of the benefits of using print on demand:
- No stock is held so you save up on storage costs. The buyer gets freshly printed merchandise that was not in the warehouse collecting dust.
- The quality of the products is impressive. The advancements in digital printing have drastically increased the resolution, sharpness, color saturation, and consistency of printing.
- The process is cost-effective. You only need to worry about the cost of producing one item. The items are printed on order as they’re paid for.
- It’s possible to get profit from every single item without investing majorly. Print on demand ensures profitability for each product sold with the profits increasing as the volume increases.
- The print on demand and shipping processes are quick. Your products are ready for sale immediately; anywhere in the world. However, do not mistake the high speeds with low quality as the whole process is still manually checked by a human for quality assurance.
- The process is scalable. You do not have to order too many products and waste your investment. Print on demand removes the risk involved with guesswork.
- Print on demand is perfect for situations where the demand is unpredictable. Print on demand offers great flexibility.
- Lastly, order fulfillment is, in most cases, handled by the printer. You do not have to worry about how the product will be shipped to your customer.