The world of social media is nothing less than a marathon race. With seconds, things change completely. Social media strategies need to be designed careful after analysing and checking what the audience prefers. For instance, Facebook is a strong platform for product marketing but it may not be suitable for every product. All these steps have to be taken when you are designing the social media marketing strategy. If you are designing one for the year 2019, here are some essential milestones which you would have to accomplish. Now for digital marketers, it’s important to use social media score counter tool to evaluate the success of their social media campaign.
Remember that the right steps can take your product standing to the very top. On the other hand, an incompetent social media marketing strategy can make your brand vanish.
- Planning the goals which you want to achieve
Every brand / organization has a different set of preferences for which social media platforms are used. It is important to be sure what you want to use the social media platforms for. Here are some common purposes that brand owners have.
- Creating a user base is very important as people start purchasing your products when they develop a liking for your brand. For this purpose, you should aim at building a large count of users so that a liking can be developed and people can be convinced about buying things. The preference about a particular brand does not develop in an instant manner. However, social media is a wonderful way to create a user base. Having a regular customer count is an essential requirement for earning heavy profit sums. Through social media, you can obviously get immense attention because a lot of people use Facebook, Instagram and other platforms as well.
- Vary the layout of social media posts
Social media marketing only makes a strong impact when things keep changing. If you are publishing the same type of posts continuously, people would obviously get bored. For instance, let’s talk about Twitter. At the moment, it is a social media option with a very strong impact. Customers usually follow their favourite brands as the latest updates are posted on twitter accounts. In addition to that, brands also communicate with their customers through Twitter. Simply positing one liner catchy statements on Twitter may not always do the job for you. Thus, keep working on the layout of the post and make it more appealing. Change the way in which information is being presented. For instance, add images or info graphics to attract users. People do get attracted when brands add new posts with changed layouts.
- Do not depend on one social media channel
Using diverse social media channels is the key. For instance, if you have promoted your brand on Facebook, start using other channels including Twitter and Instagram. The goal is to get maximum possible exposure for the brand. A lot of brands do not even consider Twitter as an important social media channel. They have the opinion that customers are always interested in reading detailed texts. However, this is not a fact. A good tweet with the link to the website can get you immense regular customers within no time. Being active on one social media channel would only connect you with the customers who are using that platform. For instance, if you have an active Facebook page, only potential buyers who use Facebook would show interest in what you sell. This simply means that some serious buyers not using Facebook would not even know about your product line and sales offers. In an overall manner, you should not restrict the social media marketing strategy to one channel as this limit the customers coming your way.
- Build a story and avoid an overly promotional tone
What do people prefer to read about a brand? Before you get the answer to this question, you should know what readers avoid. An overly promotional tone can cause problems for brand awareness and you need to understand this point. The content that you publish on social media should have a proper plot in the form of a story. When the reader goes through that information, he would the plot and develops interest, only then he would consider the option to buy your products / services. Reputed brands have a clear idea that a promotional tone turns off the customer instead of convincing him to make a purchase. Buyers avoid companies that promote their products a lot. Such brands always have a credibility question mark in front of them. In other words, a reputed brand does not have to focus on product promotion. The quality of the products is good enough to convince the customer.
- When you talk about building a story, consider few important and integral aspects. First of all, the story should be connected to user requirements and provide answers for them. This point can be understood better through an example. Consider that you have a brand for sports shoes. To build a story, focus on how any sports shoes can be useful for the customer. In this part of the story, do not mention your brand or focus on why it is better than other brands offering similar products. Avoid being promotional as in the beginning, you need to capture the attention of the reader. Some websites start social media posts with how good their products are. This is obviously not the right strategy. Let the audience decide how good or bad your product is. Once you have developed a good interest rate in the minds of potential buyers, using promotional tactics would produce impressive results.
There is no doubt that social media is an ideal platform forgetting unbelievable exposure for the customers. With so many people using social media, it becomes a lot easier to promote and advertise the product in the best possible manner. Before anything, you should come up with a proper and well defined social media marketing strategy. This should obviously not be random planning. Instead check the SEO trends and then design your marketing practices to get the maximum possible customer attention.