Whether you got locked out of your house or you need a new tailor to take in your pants, the first thing you’ll probably do is go online and look up for local service providers to help you out. Chances are this happens more so than you would even imagine, which is why you might find this article handy. If done right, local SEO is a crucial component that can help you drive more customers to your local businesses.
Here are some of the most important local SEO statistics you should know:
- 46% of all searches on Google are local. That might not sound very impressive at first. But if you bear in mind the number of daily search queries that take place on Google alone (3.5 billion to be exact), then 46% is massive.
- 89% of participants search for local businesses on their smartphone on a weekly basis, while 58% do so at least once a day.
- 97% of internet users have searched online to find a local business.
- 50% of consumers researching for local businesses from their smartphone and 34% of those searching on their computer or tablet end up visiting the store within a day. That is indisputable proof of how ranking high in local search carries direct, meaningful impact upon in-store traffic.
- 78% of local mobile searches lead to offline purchases. Also, 92% of searchers will choose businesses appearing on the first page of local search results. For example, a potential patient looking for a physical therapy clinic to treat his back pain will rarely move past the first few results. Professional marketing help can get your PT clinic rank high – the investment will pay off quickly.
- 18% of local mobile searches lead to a sale within one-day. Also, one in three smartphone searches happened right before a customer’s visit to the store. The same study shows that four in five customers want to have search ads customized to their location and zip code.
- 85% of retailers consider Search Engine Marketing to be the most effective acquisition tactic, ranking higher than direct mail (15%) or offline advertising (8%).
- 50% of online consumers prefer a mobile browser over mobile apps. While mobile apps might be having their moment of glory, it seems customers would rather browse through your website. If you haven’t by now, then it’s high time to optimize your website for mobile use.
- 73% of consumers trust a business if it has a high number of positive reviews, according to Bright Local’s 2017 Local Consumer Survey. Also, 88% of local customers trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations. The average number of reviews one needs to form an informed opinion is seven. It takes a lot of work to build your way into a solid, qualitative relationship with your customers, but having a positive online reputation is a must.
- 71% of consumers look-up for the location of a business before visiting to store. Keeping an easily accessible, accurate and inviting profile is not only a good idea but can help your potential consumers get closer to you.
Local SEO is not only a big part of our lives and of our quest to find useful local service providers. These statistics highlight the importance of local SEO in driving new customers to local businesses. Your online marketing strategy demands your full investment in a powerful local SEO. Potential consumers rely strongly on local searches to make informed decisions about their future purchases. So make sure you pay proper attention to your local SEO pursuits to bring these stats to life.