It’s been over a decade since WordPress burst upon the website scene and its popularity has not waned even a little bit.
On the contrary, I’ve seen more and more bloggers and website owners preferring it over the rest. The main reason for this is the versatility it offers that is matchless.
The endless numbers of themes and plugins present attest to the popular reach WordPress has. From optimization for search engines to improving the site in each and every aspect of its functioning, the WordPress plugins are of great help.
I’ve chosen 20 best premium WordPress plugins from the numerous lists of plugins that have been making waves in 2014.
This plugin is excellent for page building. Its highlights include drag and drop interface, more than 40 content elements, mobile ready feature, easy skin builder, easy extendibility, complete support, and editors for front end and backend.
Setting up customer support portal or a platform for event registration can be done in easy and quick steps.
Other unique features include
- Multi page forms
- Special fields like smiley rating, star rating, etc.
- Conditional logic
- SSL security
- Customized email notifications
- Auto responders with data fully customized
- Language translations
This is a favorite plugin I love to use. It is easy, fast, and has an extensive image library from which you can pick the image you want, set captions, and add links and SEO fields easily. There are four slideshow types to choose from. Short code or template method can be used to embed the slides.
Important features include
- Unrestricted support
- Responsive and SEO friendly slideshows
- Easy to use interface
- Completely localized with intelligent image editing
- Numerous options for configuring
I’ve found this plugin of great help in setting up pricing tables with its step by step guide and conversion rate optimizations methods. Compatible with any theme in WordPress, this plugin can be published on any part of your site by using short code.
It has exclusive features which include
- Responsive design
- Intuitive user interface
- Unlimited rows and columns up to 10
- Design customization and many more
This plugin provides a wonderful user experience. The features I like most in this plugin are enhanced profiles, seamless short code use, and beautiful front end page use. Hiding the WordPress backend and registration page from users who are logged in is also possible. There are many more features that give a definite boost to user engagement.
Main features in this plugin are
- Customized frontend, registration and login
- Facebook signups
- Drag and drop dashboard
- Wonderful profiles
- Unlimited photo uploads and bountiful features in member directory
- Woocommerce and mailchimp integration and many other wonderful features
If you are finding it difficult to manage the invoices on your site, I’d recommend this plugin. It does all the major work on your blog or site, leaving you free to look into the vital parts of your online business.
Its highlights include
- Automatic PDF invoice generation
- Option of email or download of invoices
- Customization of invoices
- Automatic tax calculation
- Including payment and order details and other key aspects easily
- Translation facility
I like this plugin because of its fluid and magnificent responsive design. With constant updates that this plugin offers, you need not worry about compatibility problems.
The special features include
- Lightweight plugin that works at super speed
- Seamless integration with all WordPress themes
- Horizontal and vertical menus
- Different styles to pick from
- Compatible with iPhone and iPad
- Has numerous widgets, and skin and icon extensions
- Full support
I find the administration interface very easy to use. You need not have any technical expertise to upload the images. There are three layout modes namely horizontal flow, classic grid, and vertical flow. You also get 7 image sources, 10 style presets, and custom styling support.
Other features include
- Built in light box
- Responsive as well as retina ready
- Built-in support
This sales and support plugin specializes in providing great support for your customers and allows you make profit by closing deals for you. The reason I like this plugin is because it forms the best link between the customers and the website owner. Increasing conversions is done smoothly and quickly with its easy interface.
Important features include
- Creation of several operators
- Customizable skins
- Open source plugin
- Multi language support
This plugin gives you a fully professional popup, which also serves as a call to action page that encourages visitors to subscribe to your newsletter, offers coupons or discounts for customers who are leaving the site or locking the content till subscription is made.
Important features of this plugin are:
- Opt in locker
- Several ready presets
- Social locker
- Mobile friendly
- Quick support
- Easy setup
This notification plugin lets you add a customizable bar on the top part of your site or blog. I’ve found it a breeze to work with in RSS feeds, Tweets, social profiles, and any other feature you want to add to your blog or website.
Increasing sales, improved newsletter signups, and more followers on your social media pages is easily done with this plugin. It has more than 30 options to work with. All foo bars are unlimited, different in design, and re-brandable.
- Has unlimited number of foo bars and different foo bars for a single page
- Social profiles
- Total customization option
- Can include any short code or html in customized form
- Shows the most recent Tweets
- Integrated RSS feeds
- Demos of inline administration
This is a great plugin that gets you the recognition you crave for. I’ve found this plugin responsive and very customizable. On top of it, it is also translation ready. A unique and spectacular author box can be created with this plugin easily.
- Automatic addition
- Retina ready
- Supports Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Pinterest and Google + author box set up
- Lazy load feature for boosting page speed
This is a perfect plugin for creation of advanced type of user communities. It creates entire communities in just few minutes time. I’ve found this very useful in building social communities, talents community, and model agency websites. Any kind of user related websites can be created in a jiffy with this plugin. It can also easily integrate to any WordPress theme you have. Adding fields is done efficiently with the fields’ customizer tool.
You can include any number of fields you want. You will be able to allow users to sign up and login through the accounts they have in social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook, and Google, Yahoo or LinkedIn.
This plugin has been created to help with increasing the security of your site and also lets you create beautiful looking permalinks and urls. Equipped to protect your site from all types of massive hacker attacks, this plugin supports Multi-site and Nginx themes. The best part I like about this plugin is it works with all other security related plugins on your WordPress site easily without altering the database structure.
Other features include
- Remove WordPress meta information from feeds and header
- Custom 404 page
- Change default WordPress email sender
- Delete unwanted menu classes and body classes
- Compress the html output and delete comments in source code
- Replace any words present in html output file
This plugin helps you come up with exclusive and innovative custom backgrounds on the posts, front pages, categories lists, and other pages of your site.
Other features I like in this plugin are
- Scheduling, stretching and transition time setting of background
- Clickable backgrounds
- Numerous effects
- Easy to use interface
- Automatic updates and time zone detection
This is a coming soon plugin for WordPress that is completely responsive. This is an excellent plugin to spruce up interest in visitors long before you launch your site. Intriguing and appealing designs can be created with this plugin.
The unique features present include
- Intuitive dashboard
- Easy to use bootstrap platform
- Retina ready
- Video support for YouTube
This plugin lets you save your precious time by making it easy to add images to your post. If you are looking for an easy and quicker way to add screenshots, I’d suggest using this plugin. You can just copy and paste the images you want, rename or compress them easily with this plugin.
- Rename and convert images on the fly
- Can be used in HTML and visual mode
- Supports numerous formats and programs
- Saves images you want in the media library
I like this plugin because of its compatibility with all types of themes. Once you install this plugin, it will function along with the default theme you have and be visible only to your mobile visitors.
- Easy management of the features from the dashboard
- Optimized for mobile use
- Reduced loading time
- Unlimited color options
This is a premium plugin for WordPress that shows the subscriber count you have on the four major social networks namely Twitter, Facebook, Feed Burner, and YouTube. You can also have links for subscribing to each of the network present. Put together in a clear and precise manner, this plugin has caching present to count the subscribers present in each network. It uses very little resources and I’d recommend this for those in search of a fresh looking social widget.
- Displays likes, talking about and check in on Facebook, Twitter followers, YouTube, Vimeo and Pinterest subscribers, Instagram posts and Pinterest, Forrst, GitHub and Dribble followers
- MailChimp list subscribers
- Select from the various styles present
- Reduced load time and API calls by means of regular updates
- Automatic update notification
- Localization ready
- Full support
This is an email newsletter plugin that provides professional looking newsletters. I think this is the best in the email newsletter plugin genre. Easy to use interface and high level of adjustability makes it easy to work with. It does not monopolize your server, as it operates solely on the servers of MyMail. You can open, click links, and find out who has unsubscribed right from your dashboard with this plugin.
- Auto responders
- WYSIWYG editor
- Gmail support
- Social media sharing options
- SMTP support
Music on your site will give it a refreshing look and visitors will tend to stay for longer periods on it.
I’ve found the interface highly powerful with unique features like
- Keyboard navigation
- Intuitive Sound cloud player
- Multiple color variations
- Social sharing
- Maximize and minimize button
- Compatibility with iPad, iPhone and Android and all major browsers
When you have the right plugins installed in your WordPress site, you can manage your blog easily and I’ve found that it also boosts the functionality of the blog to a great extent. Appropriate plugins will add value to your site and increase its success rate. The 20 plugins I’ve listed above cater to different aspects of your blog or site setup. Use them wisely and you’ll see your blog’s popularity soar rapidly.