In the modern web space, search engines have a vast contribution to its efficiency. The search engines help in gathering the most relevant information related to the user searches. As the online network is grown bigger and bigger, it has become the priority of the search engines to categorize all the websites according to their contents, so that user can extract relevant information from the most accurate sites according to his or her preference. But we know that categorization isn’t sufficient as there are many websites which fake its content stock by using unlinked and random popular tags to increase their site reach to users.
It creates a massive demand for Search Engine Optimization (SEO) technique, which works with synchronization to search algorithms. Its sole purpose is to prioritize websites according to their contents based on specific parameters and increase traffic from the free, organic, natural or editorial search results on search engines. These algorithms have grown powerful enough to distinguish fake and genuine content, making web space more user-friendly.
Let us take a quick review of the 4 basic parameters based on which Search algorithm works:-
- The content of a webpage.
- The relevance of the URL Link with the content.
- The number of links from other sites connected to a specific site, justifying its credibility.
- The reputation of a website based on the feedback of users and other survey sources.
The seven steps required for systematic implementation of SEO are:
- Research and analysis- research and analysis of the content and links of the website is a crucial factor. It includes analyzing the crawl rate, listing internal and external pages linking to your site and receiving notifications for certain search results.
- Identifying Keyword Opportunities- the next step is to use effective keyword research tools through which you can determine its trend and significance, find related markets, rank well in search engines for specific topics to drive traffic to your site and promote your products or services by enhancing your marketing efficiency.
- On-site coding and implementation- HTML is the code used to create web pages. Search engines pick up ranking signals from specific HTML elements, in the code. So, it is vital to make necessary modifications in the code, to enhance the site’s visibility. Some of the critical parameters to check are: – HTML title tag, meta description tag, structured data, and the header tags.
- Copywriting and implementation- The requirement of effective copywriting is to build strong links and dynamic content so that visitors can easily scan the content. Creating a neat headline and sub-headline is important, and its relevance to the content is a must. Easy words and graphics help in improving the overall efficiency of the web page to convey its content meaning to the visitors within a short duration of time.
- Speed and Site performance- This step includes implementation of site compression, code, and image optimization, reducing redirects to other links, using Content Distribution Network (CDN), improving browser caching and server response time.
- Marketing and Link Building- This is an important step in the SEO process that focuses on the utilization of broken links, building testimonials and using effective infographics. For link building, influencing guest blogging and improving prominent blogger reviews are a must.
- Rankings report and Tracking- As the last step you must keep constant track of the ranking of your website and make necessary modifications to avoid the site getting outdated.
By implementing this SEO process on your website, you can increase its online visibility hence converting users into the customer base for your products and services. Numerous SEO company LA has expertise in increasing revenues of websites.
There are 3 types of SEO techniques –
- White Hat SEO Technique- This technique gets traffic for a website in a legit and approved way through a search engine. It ensures that the content in a search engine crawls and indexes.
- Black Hat SEO Technique- This technique increases traffic for a website by deception which is unethical to search engines. It uses hidden text, either as a text colored exactly similar to the background, in an invisible division, or positioned off the screen. Another technique gives a completely different page depending on the request for a page by a user or a search engine. This technique is cloaking.
- Gray Hat SEO Technique- Such technique uses methods to avoid a penalty, but it does not act for the best content to users. It’s used to improve search engine rankings.
Benefits of SEO
There are many ways to improve website visibility using SEO. That includes providing the user with relevant information, related photos or videos to support text, easy to navigate web pages or a mobile-friendly website configuration. All of this leads to a better user experience. It results in more clicks, more leads, and hence higher conversion rates. That is what search engines are looking for, thus improving search ranking. Conventional cold calling often results in lower conversion rates. SEO leads, when a customer makes the actual research of product or service, by themselves without any intervention from the company, results in higher conversion.
The users already have their specific demand set in mind. The good ranking of the website on any search engine can guarantee higher conversion rates. As customers are becoming more familiar with the brand and as their knowledge about products or services increase, there is an excellent possibility for customers to close the deal with business. SEO lowers traditional advertising costs. If a business is already in a higher rank, it doesn’t have to invest in PPC.
After local research, there is a high tendency for customers to visit the local store or shop. So SEO also helps in this case as it increases website visibility in online searches. SEO also builds brand credibility, brand awareness in the long run. Overall SEO always provides an edge to a website in the web space.
Recent Statistics regarding SEO
According to reports of 2016, 45% of small and medium owners in the U.S. have a digital presence significant for their businesses, and around 43% mentioned that it is important. According to 77% of SME owners, a digital presence helps with the increasing customer base. About 63% of them justified that a digital presence could also enhance the enterprise image. In the future, 60% of small and medium business owners plan to invest on a new website or improve the one they already have, to enhance their presence in digital marketplace.