With the unstoppable rise of social media platforms there’s no doubt that the need for a social media marketer has increased and will do so into the near future. But what exactly does a social media marketer do? And more importantly, what are the traits of a successful social media marketer?
So, whether you’re a small business owner who wants to take their business to the next digital marketing level or someone who is keen on pursuing a career as a social media marketer, this blog is a must read.
No matter the reason why you’re interested in the traits of a successful social media marketer, it’s advisable to complete a digital marketing course so you’re quickly brought up to speed on all aspects of social media marketing.
It’s not that simple
So, what does a social media marketer do? Well, it most certainly involves much more than just posting content on social media platforms – in fact, a lot more. You could even say that being a social media marketer, a successful one, is a mix of art and science. Yes, there are tested and tried fundamentals to successfully marketing your content on social media platforms.
So, it’s not as simple as you may think as being a social media marketer goes way beyond creating content and sharing it online.
Social media marketing benefits
Effectively implementing a well put together social media marketing strategy on social media will drive more visitors to your site, improve your brand awareness and increase customer engagement, especially if all of your social media posts are engaging and have a strong call to action which links to your site.
However, there are many more benefits to creating a powerful social media strategy, and of course, applying that great strategy.
Here are just a few benefits of successfully embarking on a social media marketing campaign:
- Cost effective – Marketing on social media incurs a cost, but it has proven to be one of the most cost effective ways of digital marketing.
- Show off your brand – Posting on social media is a great way to boost brand awareness.
- Build relationships – Social media has never been, and will never be, just about posting content. It’s a platform that allows a brand to build solid relationships with customers and their target audience.
- Improve your SEO rating – Search engines use social media signals to rank your website on search engine page results, therefore the more content you share on social media – the more search engines like Google will recognise your site.
- Monitor response – There are great tools available which help you easily monitor and track the response to your posts on social media.
What are the ‘must have’ traits of a social media marketer?
Now that we understand the importance of a social media marketer, it’s worthwhile to note that this can be a very challenging position, often with tight deadlines. A social media marketer needs to be an ‘all-rounder’ and have sound experience in many skills such as copywriting, graphic design and marketing, as well as analytical skills.
It’s important to keep in mind that there’s much more to achieving all that this role requires than meets the eye.
Here are 8 traits of a successful social media marketer:
- Writing – Writing effective creative copy is important to enable the message to be conveyed correctly – which often is easier said than done. Using the write words, tone and approach is important for your particular social media post.
- Communication – Strong communication skills at all levels are key to this role. Being able to communicate effectively is a main part of any digital marketing strategy.
- Planning ahead – Build a strategy and plan ahead to avoid missing important posts.
- Knowing your audience – Understanding your audience is a main part of being a social media marketer, as your posts are aimed at attracting and engaging with them.
- Content creativity – No one has time for boring content. A social media marketer must be super creative and refrain from just posting ‘stuff’.
- Analytics – Being able to correctly analyse and interpret the data associated with your social media and digital marketing is key.
- Customer engagement – Understanding your customers’ wants and needs is vital.
- Relativity – Keeping posts relative to your brand is a must for a social media marketer, despite the temptation to stray.