Perhaps you are enthusiastically learning how to use artificial intelligence and elements of virtual reality in product promotion. Or maybe you transform the content under the criteria of a voice search and replace the usual publications with videos.
Certainly, these are promising trends that set the direction of development. They should be included in your long-term marketing strategy plan. But if you are striving to improve the company’s position now, you just can’t do without these effective tools of Internet marketing!
1. Content marketing
Consider choosing the right content for each step of the customer journey:
- When your potential customers are at the stage of acquaintance, you can attract them with the help of bright and simple infographics, informative blogs and videos that fuel their interest in the topic. If you conduct webinars or participate in specialized events, you should place this information in plain sight.
- The warm customers should be fed with more specific and practical information, such as training videos and detailed publications on issues of interest. Involve them in communication, carefully motivate to action: you can offer them to download a free presentation or video tutorial, to take part in a webinar.
- When the customer is ready to make a purchase, inform him about the promotions and special offers, offer tips on choosing a product, video instructions for use. Regularly provide customers with information about product updates. Conduct free training, share useful links and resources. Try to personalize the communication as much as possible — for example, by working with dynamic distribution groups and retargeting.
The most important moments are:
- user preferences: do they watch your videos or just scroll them;
- user interest: do they watch the entire video or just watch the beginning of it;
- user engagement – whether they put likes on video content, share it with friends, leave comments, etc.
Based on these criteria, you create the personalized selection of video content for each user’s feed. High-quality videos are more likely to be viewed and shared.
Give the preference to resources with the content that is searched on Facebook or is found directly on the page: these resources get a wider coverage. And the higher the number of times a certain video is viewed, the more often it “flashes” in the news feed.
The website content optimization for mobile and voice requests will be on high priority in 2019. The first point is critically important for getting into the top queue, while the second one is also quite desirable.
Small businesses should think about the opportunities offered by the growing popularity of local search. At least, you should add your company data to Google Map and to databases of other virtual maps.
It is not necessary to know all the tools of promotion, it is important to use those methods that are consistent with the goals of your company:
- write a list of questions that will help you understand the current situation;
- draw up a development plan for the upcoming year;
- select specific measurement techniques.
5. Understanding the psychology of a customer
You can get the customer’s loyalty not by setting the lowest prices, but by communication built on sincerity and mutual understanding. You have to talk to customers as if they were your very good friends: show the importance of their opinions, be positive, respond to comments in time.
Users have already realized their importance and they want to become something more, than just the spectators. And this is great because companies now receive real-time feedback and assessment of their products and services. So, they have the opportunity to collect interesting ideas, promptly correct their mistakes and eliminate the dissatisfaction of customers just in time!