Mobile Commerce News
- In late 2010 mobile commerce was only 3% of e-commerce
- By the end of 2012 there has been a rise to 11%
Mobile Merchandising Trends
Why Retailers And Brands Are Offering Mobile Coupons:
- Driving digital revenue: Successful coupon campaigns can help e-retailers acquire customers and drive online sales. By 2014 the number of mobile coupon users is expected to increase to 53.2 million a year. At roughly 10%, the redemption rate of mobile coupons crushes that of print coupons, which hovers around 1%.
- Increasing offline sales and foot traffic to physical stores: Effective coupon strategies can lure more consumers into bricks-and-mortar locations. Mobile coupons are also proving to be a path into mobile for large consumer packaged goods brands that have previously shunned the medium.
- Gathering data: Because they are received on phones but often redeemed offline, coupons are a perfect medium for acquiring consumer data. It is a great way for them to collect data on offline purchases and close the mobile-to-offline purchase loop. In a world where the linking of offline and online consumer behavior is still a daunting challenge, that’s a valuable resource.
- Building relationships: Coupons are essentially just another channel through which to communicate with consumers. It’s useful to think of coupons less as a discounting vehicle, and more a piece of content with an offer appended. If coupons are done right, they will weave a customer and a retailer or brand more tightly together.
Rise Of Mobile Coupons
Mobile coupons have seemingly burst onto the scene from nowhere – emerging in the last couple of years as an effective and growing digital marketing activity.
Smartphone Users Using Mobile Coupons
- 29.5 million in 2013
- 47.1 million expected for 2014
Coupons has an eminent heritage of valiantly championing reality and impartiality in the designation of boundless savings. In early days, the moment e-commerce was considered as a far-reaching idea, digital coupons transformed the World Wide Web into harmless and protected home for users on social media trying to find out deals. Online coupon industries are accounting to the huge mobile coupons trends being formed by it. More and more users are opting for digital coupons in view of great business visibility.