If you want to protect the hi-fi screen of your precious iPhone 7 you may choose between a tempered glass careen protector and a plastic one. However, the term ‘glass’ may raise cause a couple of marks on your forehead as glass is something all know to be fragile. This shows that you have missed the prefix ‘tempered’ along with it which makes these screen protectors far more reliable than the plastics variant.
Difference between the two variants
There are lots of parameters that make the tempered glass a better choice. To know more, you will need to understand the difference between glass and plastic first, based on these parameters.
- Price: Plastic screen protectors will cost you much less than the tempered glass ones. The price range will depend on the quality of the material for both. Plastic glass protectors can range anywhere from $1 to $10 while on the other hand tempered protectors will range from $2 to $35. However, technologies such as oleo phobic coating in both reduce fingerprints.
- Toughness: Tempered glass is always sturdier than plastic even if the price is the same. A plastic protector is not as scratch resistant as the glass ones as these are generally around 0.3 to 0.5 mm in thickness as compared to the plastic one which is about 0.1mm thick.
- Feel: You will find that almost all smartphones today come with a Gorilla Glass projection or any other variant for making the screen scratch resistant. If you use a plastic protector you will not be able to glide your finger over the screen smoothly. However, when you use iphone 7 plus tempered glass protectors you will feel like touching the original screen.
- Look: The look of the glass protectors however on specific phones may be an aesthetic issue. It will usually bulge out a bit more than plastic. When you use this on iPhone the Home button will be recessed more than you are used to.
- Installation: It is very difficult to install a plastic screen protector on your phone. Glass protectors on the other hand come in different types such as bezel-adhesive or full adhesive, It will be easier for you to install it if you buy a quality product. However, you will have to clean your screen first.
With so many differences and benefits, it is easy to guess why tempered glass protectors are so high in demand.
Tips to choose
Always use a screen protector that is easy to replace, will not develop scratches in your pocket and those that are not cheap. Also make sure that the oleo phobic coating is of high quality. Therefore, if you are buying a tempered glass screen protector for your phone then it will make much sense and you will be better off if you spend a little more money to buy a screen protector.
There are lots of such iPhone screen protector manufacturers. You can visit their site to know about their specifications, price and functionality to make your final choice.