Personal VPN What is it about? – An Infographic
VPN – Virtual Private Network
- It is a network connection that enables securing connection over public network (ISP) to private network using a remote location.
- Data, voice and video go through a secured virtual tunnel between ISP and server.
- Network traffic is encrypted.
VPN technology uses a combination of features such as:
- Tunneling protocols
- Data encapsulation
- Certified connection
These combinations are important in order to:
- Provide users with a secured connection
- Protect users identity
The Personal VPN will:
- Help prevent identity theft by masking your IP address and encrypting your data
- Help prevent web sites from gathering data on you and profiling you
- Give an anonymous presence on the internet for the legitimate purposes that most people are seeking from such a service
Why do you need a Personal VPN?
- You desire extra security from online bad guys and identity thieves
- You don’t want your Internet Service Provider, or owner of a network you’re connecting through, to log, monitor, and/or control what you do online.
- You want to hide your IP address so you can protect your identity and location.
- You don’t want search engines, such as Google, Yahoo, AOL, and Bing recording and storing every Internet search you perform…..potentially forever. DIGITAL FOOTPRINT
- You wish to encrypt your VoIP traffic.