What is Structured Data?
Structured Data refers to information that consists of highly organized set of information, easing the process of access and modification. Defining Structured Data more precisely in terms of digital marketing services, it is a data structure that is a collection of data values, the relationships among them, and the function or operations that can be applied to that data.
Structure Data helps Google to have a better understanding of the content. It is an important tool if you want your website to rank in within certain search features.
Why is Structured Data Important?
As a brand, you have been creating engaging content, optimizing your webpage, and building links. What you feel is that you have all of your SEO covered, but then pops the bubble of Structured data.
SEO is one of the biggest evolutions that marketing has seen in the past years. During the previous years of Google, the Search Engine Results Pages would consist of certain advertisements on top and a brief description below that would be simple and straightforward.
- Structured Data can be of an incredible help when you wish to increase the relevancy of search results on your website and improve the ranks. This is the major cause why it has a major amount of importance for SEO. This will improve the relevancy of your search results; moreover it will produce a variety of various types of search results that are visual and in other forms as well. Structured Data is one of the viable tool for any e-commerce business that wishes to generate heavy traffic on their website and improvise on their ranking because it has the ability to produce a various relevant search results.
- Structured Data is utilized to provide added information about any web page so that it will help to improve the relevancy of search results from search engines. This added information will be utilized to create more information for search engines that will provide it with more relevant and enhanced results on SERP’s. This data is mentioned as markup. This markup information will pull out the relevant data from a various varied sourced and will be adjacent to them in the search results.
- Knowledge Boxes.
- Rich Snippets.
- Rich Cards.
In either way, it should be taken to note that search engines also avail incentives/ inducements for these websites that make appropriate use of Structured Data. These incentives/inducements consist of variety of features that are helpful in the search results. These enhanced features are an ultimate way that will help you improve click through rates and boost traffic, which will lead in improved rankings. This is an appropriate way as the search results are more visually attractive and provide relevant data. There are various features among which the few are listed as below:
- Rich results consist of Styling, Images and Visual Enhancements.
- Rich cards consists of variation of rich search results, rich snippets for user of mobile devices.
- Enriched results such that are interactive immersive features.
- Knowledge graph consists of information about varied data or content.
- Breadcrumbs that are observed in the search results.
- Carousels, that are a collection of varied rich search results.
Summarizing the usage of Structured Data for SEO, below mentioned are the key notes.
- Usages of Structured Data on your website will help the search engines determine the relevance. It is a basic requirement of Google to know what is on your webpage in order to decide that when will it display you website content in accordance to the kind of searches, and your website will have the need to show up when something relevant to it is searched for.
- Usage of Structured Data on your website will make it more competitive to the Search Results. To show up high in the search results is very important for the visibility. Structured Data can be of a great help to you as it can add images and relevant information that will draw more engagement to the webpage on the SERP and will make it more competitive.
- Usage of Structured Data can help in improvising the rates of Click-through. The complete point of being visible on the search engines is to attract more people to visit your website. Structured data is an indirect way to secure more clicks. Using Structured Data on your website will help to improvise on how the website appears on the search engines and it will get easier to drive in more traffic on the website.
Structured Data aides an additional advantage when you speak of SEO services for your brand. Ignoring Structured Data can cost you a fortune as your SEO will lack effectiveness. The organic searches are getting competitive day by day. Any added and relevant information that you provide the search engine will help in increasing your click through rates, improve your visibility on the search engines, and will help you show up in the knowledge graph, featured snippets, and voice searches by helping machines solve for user intent.