While writing content you should keep one fundamental thing in mind: it should be for the humans and not for the machine. If you write useful content for your site that is aimed towards the target audience, they will be attracted towards it looking for the solutions they want and you provide.
For writing content, selection of words and phrases are most important and there are lots of good reasons to say so.
- Right selection of words will not only make it meaningful but will also make it considerably powerful to ensure higher SEO and rank in the SERP.
- When you select and use right words and phrases, it will drive more engagement from the end users as well.
- The words will make your content more valuable to your target audience who will not only love your brand for it but will also stick to you and your websites.
Therefore, there is no alternative to selecting the rights words and phrases for writing a great content. You will need to spend adequate time on research to find the exact words to use in your content to drive more visitors, high quality traffic to your websites, and convert them into your prospective clients.
There are lots of blogs and websites that yield fresh contents daily. You will get enough idea to write great content according to the SEO strategy that you need to follow. This includes:
- Not duplicating content
- Not make it look stuffed with keyword
- Focusing on creating high quality content and
- Keeping your target audience in mind.
These are the good practices to follow for SEO content writing strategy that any modern content writing service emphasizes on. It will surely improve the organic ranking.
The additional elements
In order to make your content useful, according to recent study it is seen that you typically requires three additional elements. These elements will ensure that your website or the content in particular, drives more organic traffic: These elements are:
- Use of enough numbers of SEO optimized keywords with lot of searches
- A equitable number of trusted, understandable and useful backlinks and
- A fresh and evergreen topic or idea.
Apart from these basic elements, you will also have to understand and deliver according to the intent of the users.
Importance of keywords
Search for these users’ content and you will get the proper keywords that are necessary to drive your traffic and encourage an action through your content.
- When you search users’ intent you will know the meaning and potential of each keyword to drive more searches.
- This is a very important thing to know before you start to write the content that will provide the right solutions to a particular problem of the users.
Therefore, it is essentially important and elementary that you pay enough attention to keyword research and its classification. This means in other words you will need to understand whether the search users actually want to buy your product or not.
Important keyword classifications
There are ideally two most important keyword classifications namely, informational and commercial keywords.
These keywords are typically, ‘how to’ in nature. The primary reason for using these types of keywords by people for searches is that they look for more information about the brand or product without requiring paying anything extra for it.
- However, these keywords will not convert visitors into customers. This is because most of the visitors will be least interested in buying.
- Instead, you must use these informational keywords in the content to nurture the audience and engage them more so that it helps you to build your brand.
For example, if the searchers are interested only in free articles, blog posts, videos and lessons the keywords used by the SEO copywriter will be informational and useful.
Commercial keywords on the other hand are those that clearly shows and intent to make a purchase, or sign up with your email campaign.
- These are the keywords based on the ‘intent’ of the customers, if not the ‘desperation’ from the searcher.
- Actually, these keywords help them to find their solutions quickly.
Eventually, these keywords will help you to turn your visitors into customers. That means whenever a person types the commercial keywords in Google it will automatically reveal their intent to make a purchase. These commercial keywords normally contain a few specific prefixes and suffixes such as:
- Free shipping
- Fast and others.
However, these keywords should be used according to your business niche. You will need to take note of when and how you write your content around these commercial keywords in accordance to your ultimate goal. You should ideally provide all relevant and useful information on your product, what it is, how to use or install it if necessary, the benefits it provides and its features.
Targeting the keywords
Now the question is whether or not you should target the keywords. Well, according to the requirements of Google, yes. This is because Google still uses certain keywords that help it to determine what a specific content is a particular web page is all about. However, at all times you should be cautious to ensure that you do not overuse it or over-optimize the keywords. This will never provide the desired SEO results.
The best thing to do is to follow a three-step plan while you target the keywords in your content. These are:
- Including the primary keyword on the topic or headline but do not make it look like it is stuffed
- Using title tags, alternative keywords and Meta description in the introduction
- Including the primary keyword in the conclusion deliberately so that it looks natural and pleases the readers.
This will ensure that you have more readers attracted to every blog post that you write, find the best way to increase the conversion rate and generate more organic traffic, sales and shares on the social media platform.
In a short, your content should not only please Google but also your readers. With such dual effects, you will surely raise the SEO and SERP ranks.