If you’ve this habit of dropping your phone in water too often or you have to work in some damp environments for some reason, this write-up is for you. Be it in the rain, or poolside even sometimes toilet accidents can happen anywhere where you are left with nothing but a drenched phone which is now a dud and won’t even turn ON.
Also See: Top 5 Android Phone Monitoring Apps
Smartphone developers have been working hard on getting their devices with the IP 67 and IP 68 waterproof and water resistant ratings. Though the manufacturers would recommend you not to use the phone under water, as technically nothing is 100% water proof. Here is our list of the best smartphones that comply with waterproofing and water resisting guidelines. Let us get going.
Apple’s iPhone 7
The benchmark of benchmark’s Apple’s new iPhone, the 7th generation of the flagship offered by the fruit company has managed to somehow got the IP 67 under the IEC standard 60529, which is nothing but the rating for its Splash, water and dust resistance feature.
The guys at Apple says that the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus are water resistant to 1 meter, but also recommend not to keep it under such conditions for not more than 30 minutes. With a front facing fingerprint, the Apple’s 2017 Flagship sports;
iPhone 7 Plus
- Screen- LED Backlit IPS 5.5 inches LCD panel (1080 x 1920 res with 401 ppi)
- Processor- Quad core 2.34 GHz based on Apple’s A10 Fusion chip
- RAM- 3 GB
- Storage- Non-expandable, 32, 128 and 256 GB of onboard storage.
- Camera- Dual 12 Megapixel with PDAF at the back and a 7 Megapixel front-facing camera
Screen- LED Backlit IPS 4.7 inches LCD panel (740 x 1334 res with 326 ppi)
Rest all are the same except for the RAM that is just 2 GB and a single 12-megapixel camera with PDAF.
Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus
The 2017 Samsung’s flagship has to offer a lot more than just the waterproofing thing. With the IP 68 water resistance rating the Samsung Galaxy 2017 flagship offers;
- Screen- Super AMOLED 5.8 inches panel (2960 x 1440 res with 570 ppi)
- Processor- Depending on the region you can opt for Octa-core Samsung Exynos 8895 or Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 which is also an Octa-core processor.
- RAM- 4 GB
- Storage- 64 GB internal and MicroSD card slot for expansion up to 256 GB.
- Camera- 12 megapixel at the back and 8 megapixels on the front with weird placement of the Fingerprint scanner.
Galaxy S8 Plus
The screen is 6.2 inches with 529 ppi; rest remaining specifications are the same.
The LG G6
The LG’s 2017 flagship device is no doubt amongst the best with the full metal casing, and you get a glass at the back. The device also sports a huge 18:6 screen, with rounded corner design. Following the no bezel design LG has somehow managed to please everybody this time with an additional IP 68 water and dust resistance.
- Screen- IPS panel which is 5.7 inches in size (2880 x 1440 res with 564 ppi)
- Processor- Qualcomm Snapdragon 821
- RAM- 4 GB
- Storage option- 32 and a 64 GB variant is available up for grab, 256GB will be the limit up to which the MicroSD card allows you to expand
- Camera- two 13 Megapixel cameras at the back and one 5 megapixel camera on the front of the device with a fingerprint scanner placed at the back.
These are some of the best picks in the water resistant and water proof segment of the 2017 flagships that you can buy as of now. With great smartphones getting ready to be launched in coming months, expectations have been set too high, especially for devices like One Plus 5 – the flagship killer. Visit AppsPolice.com to know more about the supported apps & games for these water resistant smartphones.