Search Engine Optimization or SEO is the primary tool when it comes to generating the much-needed online traffic and re-directing consumers to your webpage, landing page and product campaign. There are a number of articles online that spread the awareness for novel and unique SEO strategising but not a lot about the practical applications and the how to apply the strategies in the real-world scenario.
In the following article, we have listed a few of the actual SEO tips that you can employ for your venture or campaign, and they work! For all your SEO strategising plans and actions don’t look any further than the Sydney SEO firm.
Let’s have a look at what our experts say,
SEO guidelines: The basic
The most basic SEO tip that you need to keep in mind at all costs is that you are in the business of delivering unique content and spread awareness about your campaign to the masses the way they understand and want it. The accurate delivery of what the user wants is ultimate in this line of business.
- SEO strategies at the core explain the content of your website landing pages to the search engines so that your ranking improves, so make sure your content is concise, precise and understandable.
- While uploading images and figures never miss out on title, attributes and descriptions
- Proper image optimisation is essential where a unique content follows or describes the image to increase the readability of the article.
- Image compression is highly important as it will reduce page loading time thereby increasing user retention.
- For blogging, purposes use the SEO friendly platforms like WordPress over BlogSpot.
- Fields marked for the title tag, meta description and keywords should never be left empty as these are highlighted with the search results.
- The titles should be concise and around 9-10 words in length.
- The articles should have a proper format with the H1 tag for the title, H2 tag for the subheadings and H3 for the body of the content
- Read and research about innovations for SEO strategising on the internet to keep yourself updated.
Invest time to understand your market and consumers
Yes, SEO strategising is mostly about the readability of the campaign landing page by the bots of the search engine, but it’s the readers and the users who will generate the traffic. So the second most crucial aspect to satisfy while devising an SEO strategy is the understanding of the market and the consumers.
- You must base your content creation mantra on the users and what they want. Don’t just please the search engines but write for the consumers with that bit of “human touch” to your articles, blogs and other related content.
- Before hitting the save button for an article always ask the critical question, “Is the article answering all the queries a consumer might have?” You need to adapt your thought process to think like the customer.
- While creating the content remember that chances are there are numerous other articles on the same topic all over the internet. Try and bring forth uniqueness to your content.
- Ask the audience and consumers for feedback on the online posts and blogs by engaging in a comment box or reply e-mails.
- You will need to tailor your content according to the suggestions and advice the users and consumers come up with.
- Create your content in a way so that it is easier for consumers to understand them better. Infographic, audio-visual presentations, video files, self-explanatory image files and processing are some of the ways you can increase audience engagement and retention.
- The content is for the user and not for you, so always add the important details about the campaign. Also, post external links to other authority content, blog posts and internal links to help with the navigation within your site.
- Figure out the niche of your customer base, the demographic and the age group you should be targeting with respect to your venture campaign.
- Always make sure that the new content being created targets both the new audiences and the ones you already have. Audience and customer retention is the key to a successful business venture.
The quality of the content
A surefire way to boost the quality of the content is ensuring the previous two steps followed by a sincere proof-reading of the content. Proofreading will ensure the article quality is top-notch for the search engines as well as your readers.
- Fresh and evergreen content is the key when it comes to publishing online material to engage the audience. It is challenging to create unique and new content on a daily basis. However, you can update your previous content and keep doing additions and deletions keeping in mind your audience base and campaign results.
- Invest in good quality content writers to generate content consistently, regularly and frequently. The publishing frequency should be 2-3 days for the best results.
- The content is the king, and so are the images and pictures you use. The photos should be broad spectrum as visuals are supposed to be focused on the topic, relatable and should never confuse the audience about the goal of the venture.
- While using pictures and posting content online make sure you are not stepping on the toes of the original poster. Do not abuse the copyright infringement laws. Users are quite savvy when it comes to investigating plagiarised content, and this will lead to your domain getting blacklisted by consumers and the OP.
- Any statement and personal idea about a plan or a program should be backed up by facts, figures and scientific explanation. Reference professional and authoritative links if necessary and possible.
- The tone of the content should be authoritative and professional. It should never sound like a sermon but a bit more human, personal and at times humorous.
- The content should be informative and helpful. You must always keep the fact in mind that the articles and blog posts are for the users and it is your responsibility to educate your customer base about your campaign and products.
- On the writing structure and style, our experts advise the use of short sentences and paragraphs. Most of the content should be in a “listicle” format which is easy to read and peruse through. Use grammar editing and correcting tools as much as you can to avoid silly errors in speech and text.
Ensure the quality and invest time by following the basic steps mentioned above when it comes to SEO strategising and generate online traffic like never before!